My appointments today went very well. The OB still has me set for 7 AM Monday for my induction to start. He seems to think this could be a very long process ("good thing we're starting Monday. We'll have all week then".) I'm hoping to prove him wrong and get this labor thing done with quickly. Baby was VERY active for the NST today, so it didn't take very long. After that appointment, we went straight over to the specialists office for my last biophysical profile test and a growth scan. Passed with flying colors! And, the best news (I think) is that the baby is measuring RIGHT on. He is in the 50th percentile for his gestational age, and the weight estimate is 6 lbs. 15 oz. Although these are only "estimates" this news makes me happy! One of the risks with gestational diabetes is that baby will get too large, and this does not appear to be the case with our little guy! Yippee! The other really good news from the appointment? My fluid level was way up! I was measuring at about a 14 (it was 9 last friday). All in all, things look great and this is great for everything to be looking good for Monday. The funniest part of the morning was when I walked into the specialists office after the ultrasound. He says "you're still pregnant? I thought you were visiting with your baby or something!" (He was on vacation the last 2 weeks). The man did NOT think I would go this far and was all smiles and happy that I made it here and that induction is on Monday. I feel like I finally did *something* right with this pregnancy! It was touch and go for a while, but in the end, I shocked them all! :-)
Now, it is supposed to get up to 106 degrees here this weekend, and I'm sweating just thinking about it. How on earth are TWO whole days going to go by fast enough, when now all I want in the world is for it to be Monday so I can meet my BABY BOY??? I can't wait!
P.S. There is no internet at the hospital, so I can't guarantee a timely announcement on here when he is born. Perhaps I'll teach mike or Mom how to update this weekend so they can post something!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am sooo excited for you!! I wish you all the best of luck and I will keep praying for fast fast fast!!!
Suzanne
Wooooooooo Hoooooooooo! We might be laboring together!!! Just on opposite sides of the country...I'll be thinking about you, call if you want to yell about contactions to someone other than Mike and your mom. Here's to dilating like a mofo! (Clearly, the strain of 'no baby yet?' phone calls is getting to me)
Hope you are loving that epidural right about now...just had to leave you a little message to let you know I was thinking about you!
Love,
Kel
Post a Comment