Some of you may already know, and some may not, that since I don't do anything simple, I am having recovery problems from my c-section. (No, this is NOT the funny part...I'm getting to that.) It's pretty much been ongoing since the beginning, however it took my doctor 3 weeks to decide he needed to send me to the wound care clinic, because in fact, my incision is not healing. It's open on the outside and inside and continues to hurt a LOT. I will spare you the yuckiest details, but I'll just say there's still a lot of blood and I am not having fun.
Ok. That's the background. So Monday I go to the wound care place for the first time (which is actually just the PT department of the local hospital). The therapist that I have has absolutely no personality, I'm not completely at peace with his ability to heal this wound, and he often just has a puzzled look on his face when he's looking at my incision. Anyway, at my first visit, he's asking "how long ago was your c-section?" Me: "three weeks tomorrow." Him: "so you've been bleeding like this for 3 weeks?" Me: "yes." Him: "hmm. ok" (continues to do whatever he's doing to the wound...few minutes later...) Him: "so when was your surgery?" Me: "july 1st. Three weeks ago tomorrow." Him: "ok". (few minutes later...) Him: "So tell me. When was your baby born?" (REALLY??? ARE WE LAUGHING YET???) ME: "July 1st. same day as my c-section. Three weeks ago tomorrow." It is now an ongoing joke in my home how extremely coincidental that I had a c-section the very same day my son was born. To top it off...coincidently...Mike became a father on July 1st as well. Imagine the odds????
MAYBE you had to be there. But trust me. It was funny.
(I'll keep you posted on the incision. I went back yesterday because the packing was falling out. I go back in an hour to get the packing changed again. The jury's still out on whether or not this thing will close in this century.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So, what day did Mrs. Pat and Mr. Marc become grandparents again?
Kel
Post a Comment