Matthew has taken to breastfeeding quite well, although he of course has his moments. He had his first pediatrician visit this week, and all looked well. He is below his birth weight still ( to be expected), but we're hoping he re-gains it by next week. Matthew sleeps ALL THE TIME (i know, enjoy it while you can). When he is not asleep he is eating. He has awake periods, where he pretty much just stares and stares, until he is tired of staring, and then back to sleep. He is a cuddler, and loves to be held close. He hates to have his diaper changed, but does much better when daddy changes it (yes, I think this is a sign that daddy should do more diaper changes!) He has been doing fairly well at night. He has to eat every 3 hours right now and for the most part, he makes it the whole 3 hours without waking (well...by the time you factor in the feeding, diaper change, and going back to sleep it's more like 2- 2 1/2 hours). Mommy is tired, but I just may be finally adjusting to this kind of (lack of) sleep. Hopefully this will only get easier.
On Thursday we were back to the pediatrician for his circumcision. They do not do these in the hospitals out here for some reason. Mom and Dad were quite nervous when the time came, but Matthew did so well. He of course cried a little (wouldn't you???), but calmed easily and seemed fine after. He was a little more cranky than normal last night, but nothing too terrible.
Mike goes back to work on Monday, and we will miss having him home! It has been so nice to be home, all 3 of us, together for this first week. My mom is still here for another 2+ weeks, so at least I will still have some company and help here. We truly would not be thriving as well as we are without her here. She cooks and cleans and holds matthew, and just loves us all. I am going to be sad when I am home alone for the first time. But hopefully, that too will get easier. I am starting to feel better, although I have had some issues with my incision and am still in pain. I will likely go get the incision checked again on Monday if it has not improved by then. I am hoping it does.
I cannot figure out how to caption the photos, but here is the description of the above pictures-
(1) Matthew sleeping in the pack and play. He likes to have his hands free, however, yes- we have figured out that he sleeps better if you do the whole hands down, burrito-straight-jacket approach.
(2) Sleeping on mommy in the Maya Wrap. He loves to be snuggled in close in the wrap.
(3) In the car just minutes after his circumcision. Looks fine to me! (of course the lidocaine was probably still working at that time!)
(4) Snuggling with daddy.
I cannot stop snapping pictures of my baby- it's become an obsession, so I will have more pictures I'm sure. Hopefully people don't get sick of looking at them. :-)
2 comments:
No, I'm not at all tired of looking at them! He's just adorable. I'm glad everything is going so well, and you are finally able to enjoy what you worked SO hard to have! :)
I love reading the posts...I get so excited when I check and there is a new one. However, I remember how very little time you have to yourself at this time! I'll call you tomorrow and see if I can catch you.
MISS YOU!
Kel
You can't take too many pictures as far as I can tell!! He is so beautiful!!!
Post a Comment