I don't believe how long it's been since I've blogged anything. Not much to say--winter in Oregon is Boring! This small town living leaves options for socializing Matthew limited. There is a library group that meets once a week. We go occasionally. It's not that great of a group- the age range is so broad and the little room is overcrowded. Thus, Matthew and I do a lot of hanging out on our own. We get together with our friends at least once a week.
Matthew had his follow-up appoinment with the surgeon 2 weeks ago. Everything looks great. He is supposed to go back in a year to make sure everything stayed where it's supposed to be. Then again when he's a teenager. They like to teach the teens who once had this issue how to do self-checks since they're at a higher risk for testicular cancer. I told Mike he will be in charge of bringing him to that one!! I can't even imagine Matthew as a 5 year old, never mind a teenager!
Mike also had his follow-up yesterday (with his cardiologist here, not the surgeon in TX). Everything looks good--he was happy that he can increase weights now for working out, up to 50 pounds I believe. I'm still amazed at all that. If I didn't see that big red scar on his chest, I'd never know he had heart surgery!
Since it's medical update day apparently, I've had an annoying headache for 2 1/2 weeks now. I went to the doctor, who gave me migraine meds that didn't help. I went to the chiropractor this week and turns out 2 of my vertebrae are sort of twisted a little and causing a nerve to be pinched. This nerve, gets pinched in the back, hurts like heck, and then sends a dagger up to my left temple where I get stabbed over and over. It's quite pleasant. The adjustment on Monday was awful, but I'm going back today with an open mind that it will take a few times to get it fixed. Annoying and painful to say the least.
At least we choose to fall apart one at a time over here. My declaration of a really healthy 2010 are not going well!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment