Yeah, yeah...we're still here. Just enjoying life living in the jungle Texas. I've found that outside play doesn't really exist, unless paired with a swimming pool, so we've been finding things to do. Luckily there's a great playgroup here that we've been able to get together with at least once a week, a few other playdates, and my cousin and her kids. They are great, and although her kids are older, they like to play with Matthew and helped keep him busy. Matthew LOVES going over to their house and often screams when it's time to go. Sorry kid, you're stuck with me.
Since I have nothing useful to say, let me give you this oh so easy recipe for your toddlers/kids/family to try. I am in disbelief that my picky son just gobbled up a plateful of these, but he did, and so I suppose I'll share with you. Are there any of YOU left? Ha! Probably not.
Fish bites
(sorry that I don't have specific measurements, but I made it up as I went and was only making them for one lone toddler, so I didn't have to make much)
Ingredients:
Tilapia
plain yogurt
lemon juice
breadcrumbs (mine has italian seasoning in them, if you're don't you may want to add some spices for flavor)
cooking spray (could also use a little oil or butter)
1. Cut tilapia into bite size chunks
2. In one small bowl mix some plain yogurt with a little lemon juice
3. Put breadcrumbs in another bowl.
4. Coat chunk of fish in yogurt mixture.
5. Dip each chunk in breadcrumbs to cover.
6. Heat skillet over med. high heat coated with cooking spray, oil or butter.
7. Cook fish on both sides until browned on the outside and flakey on the inside.
You could probably easily make something for your kid to dip them into, but Matthew's not much of a dipper, so I didn't.
*I think the last time I made these I also mixed some parm cheese in with the breadcrumbs. Forgot about that this time. Either way they're quite tasty.
2 comments:
oooh, thanks for this. We just discovered that picky junior will eat fish sticks so I'll have to make these.
I can use coconut or soymilk yogurt and I think I have some panko crumbs around.
YUM!
I bet lily would LOVE this, AND I have tilapia in the freezer. Perfect!
Post a Comment