Thursday, July 1, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTHEW!!

My sweet little handsome man is TWO today.

Dear Matthew,
I never knew exactly how emotional I could be about someone else's birthday until I had you.  You are truly the most amazing thing I've ever had in my life.  Every day you make me smile, as I love just watching you figure this whole world out.  The way you talk on and on and on with these long stories in a language only you can understand.  You get so excited, and obviously have something important to say. I can't wait, as you learn the words to go with your tales, to hear what exactly it is that's going on in that mind of yours.
You are in love with all things cars.  And trucks.  And trains. 
You love your lovey, which you still affectionately call "gaga".  He is your best bud it seems.
A close second is your daddy.  The way you just get so excited that you do a little dance when he comes home from work.
You love to help take care of your doggy, Boss.  Your face lights up when I say "Matthew, can you please get Boss a snack?"  You run to the pantry, get out a milkbone and squeal with delight as you give it to her.
You love your mama (of course, right?).  It truly melts my heart when I walk into a room and you point at me and say "that mama?", then you run over to me for hugs and kisses.  You love to give kisses.  And BIG hugs.  What a little gem you are.
Some of your favorite things right now are swimming (you truly are a little fish at heart) and reading books.  You bring book after book to me and love to sit and listen and look at pictures.
You are obsessed with the movie Cars.  You obviously take after your daddy because you get excited when you hear the engine rev in that movie.

Matthew, thank you for being the sweet little boy that you are.  I love you with all my heart and get so excited to think of things to come. 
Happy Birthday sweet boy.

No comments: