I have the best group of friends and family any one person could ever ask for. I honestly have always felt this way, but yesterday I was completely slapped in the face with it. Let me set the scene:
I'm in the bathroom drying my hair. Mike comes in and hands me the phone (with a funny little smirk on his face) and says "it's for you". I look at caller id and it's my best friend, Rose. After a little small talk, and her convinced I'm saying "dying my hair" and wanting to know what color (yeah, THAT was a confusing conversation), I'm told "well, today's your baby shower". Huh? Mike then tells me to go in the living room, where there is a pile of boxes and streamers all over the place. So, surprise to me! I had a baby shower yesterday. Who was in attendance? Me, Mike, and Boss. Yup. My sneaky friends and family threw me a long distance shower. Apparently they sent out email invitations to a group of loved ones and people responded. They sent gifts to Mike's work and he snuck them home on Friday and snuck them in the house in the 5 minutes I was drying my hair. I am living in a town on the other side of the country, where I know NO ONE, pregnant and on bedrest, and I have never felt so loved as I did yesterday morning. It was overwhelming that (a) they would think of doing this for me and (b) that so many people sent their love. I truly do not know what to say other than THANK YOU to everyone for making such a special, special day for me. I know Rose had a lot to do with it, she is truly the sweetest person out there for many reasons other than this event. I'm not positive who else, but I understand Chrissie, Carrie, Mom and Mike were players in the sneakyness as well- they all called me yesterday to send their love my way- so thanks to them as well. And really, thank you to everyone! Mike took pictures and I will post a few when they are on the computer.
Lastly, our dear friends Chrissie and TJ (for those of you who need reminding TJ is "Reverand" TJ who married us last year) are having their baby this week!! Chrissie will be admitted tomorrow evening to start induction and hopefully be holding her very special little boy sometime on Tuesday. I truly cannot think of two more deserving people and know with certainty that they will be wonderful parents. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers for a healthy, safe (and quick!) delivery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a sweet idea!!! You have wonderful friends!!
Take care,
Mel
So glad the baby shower went so well! We just got back into town about an hour ago...I took a look a the pictures. Glad the Bumbo made it...it wouldn't let me put the whole address to Mike's work when I ordered!!
I will call this week...I love you!
Kel
Post a Comment