Sweet little Matthew went for his 2 month appointment at the pediatrician's yesterday. I must say, I am a proud momma, because he did so well! He was given 4 shots (2 in each leg) plus an oral vaccine. Matthew screamed bloody murder when he got the shots! I mean, his face was purple and he barely caught his breath. (really...4 pokes. who wouldn't?) As soon as they were done I scooped him up and immediately nursed him for comfort. And pretty much, that was the end of that. He was a little fussy in the evening, but he's always fussy in the evening, so that wasn't unusual. At the pediatrician's advice we did give him infant Tylenol right before the shots and about 4 hours later, so maybe that helped. And just as she said may happen, he slept a 7 hour stretch when he went to bed last night!! Woo Hoo! Of course, he went to bed at 8, and mommy was just making dinner, so I missed out on a lot of those hours (I didn't fall asleep until midnight, even though I was in bed at 10:30). BUT, at least he got some good sleep. I'm happy for HIM. :-)
The pediatrician diagnosed him with reflux, which honestly, I wasn't the least bit surprised. It's what I've thought all along, but didn't want to be that mom diagnosing her own kid, so I let the pediatrician come to her own conclusion. Spitting up is one thing- but spitting up with lots of crying and screaming and whining when eating and waking himself up with gagging- all signs of reflux. So, he's on Zantac twice a day now and we will give it a week and see if it helps. There are apparently other things to try if the Zantac doesn't help him.
And the stats....drum roll please........
Weight: 10 lbs. 6 oz
Height: 21 3/4 inches
He is in the 25th percentile for weight and head circumference and slightly lower (like around 15th) for height. Poor guy- gets that height thing from mom and dad. The pediatrician was happy with his growth as he was exactly 25th percentile at birth so it does show consistency. So, he's getting bigger- but he still seems like such a little peanut when he's curled up into a ball sleeping on me. Oh man, I love him. I love him so much.
I also had my appointment yesterday for the wound vac change. I have been on that table in that office anywhere from 1-4 times a week for 5 or 6 weeks. I have never shed a tear in there (well, ok, maybe that very first appointment i did cry also). Yesterday, I cried all over the place. It is excruciating pain right now. I mean, quite possibly worse then after the actual c-section. Apparently the reason is that the cutting exposed nerve endings, which the therapist then "scrubbed" when he was cleaning the wound. And the sponge part of the vac seems to be hitting right on those spots, so it's just sort of this constant awful pain that shoots down. I go back Tuesday, and he thinks they may need to cut one more time ( Yup, I cried again when I heard that), but if they do cut it they will close it immediately and put the vac on top of the closed wound to close it for good. I'll believe it when I see it. I am so over this mess at the moment it makes me so sad that I have to live like this. I should be doing nothing but enjoying my new baby and being a new mommy, and instead I'm in pain and at doctor's appointments several times a week. Please please pray that this is over soon because I honestly can't take much more.
Wow, sorry about that. Guess I needed to get that out into the world. Now that it's out I will move on with my weekend. Mike is off for 3 days I couldn't be happier! I love it when he's home. I can take a shower (which trust me, is a process because it involves saran wrap and taping of all this stuff) without worrying about Matthew. Gotta love the weekends.
1 comment:
Oh, that really makes my heart break. I'm so sorry...you really have had the worst I've ever seen or heard regarding this "wound care" shit! It is shit, right? :)
I'll keep my fingers crossed that this time it's taken care of, once and for all! I love you, Lynnie!
On a side note, Matthew looks very good in green...it's definitely his color!
love,
Kel
Post a Comment