Ugg. This incision crap. I'm so over it. But, for once in almost two months (well, ok, in well over NINE months) I feel like I'm catching a break. I was referred to a surgeon this week, who saw me today. He did some numbing and did some cutting (really all the details you need to know). Tomorrow I go to have a wound vac attached and supposedly in 1-2 weeks this darn thing should be closed and healed. I would love to describe the wound vac to you, but I really won't do very well describing I'm sure. Basically the wound is covered with a sponge, which is covered with tape/bandage, which has a hose attached to it, which goes to a machine thingy (a "vac" if you will), which I will carry in a little bag over my shoulder 24/7. I am not at all looking forward to that...it's enough getting out of the house with a baby, a car seat, a million burp clothes, a diaper bag and me...I can't imagine one more thing to cart around. When I'm at home I'm supposed to stay "plugged in". Oh great. This should be fun.
So WHY did this incision deal happen?? Well...the short of it is that the most likely scenario is: I had a LOT of bruising after surgery. By a lot I mean a LOT. The bruises (hematomas) had blood that had to escape. It escaped by opening up the wound to leak out. This opening just makes it extremely easy to get infected. The surgeon and wound care specialist both agree that it has healed very well (from about 18 cm's to about only I'd say 5-6 cm's), but that it's at a point where it can't do anything else without further cutting first (hence the visit today).
So, not happy about the cutting or wound vac apparatus....very happy that this may all be over in a few weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment