Saturday, August 16, 2008

First out of town trip!





Do you think the first photo is inappropriate?? It's a good description of how he feels about mealtime. I'm sure grown men wish they could wear a shirt like that and get away with it! :-)

We had a nice little out of town trip this week. Mike had to go to Spokane, WA for business, and Matthew and I decided to tag along. It's only about a 3 hour car ride, so that wasn't so bad. We stayed at a really nice hotel in downtown. It was in the perfect area within walking distance to a nice mall and an awesome park. I was very nervous about going, and in fact, only decided at the last minute. I wasn't sure how Matthew would do in the hotel (and would the neighbors hate us and our screaming child??), what we would do all day long, if he would nap ok. All in all, Matthew was a very good baby and mommy and daddy are so happy. The first night he woke up a few times (not really any more than he normally does though), but he was crying loud and we had to act fast to keep the crying at a minimum. We were not going to go to the big dinner on Thursday night, but decided to try it. We learned a few tricks on handling Matthew in public. He loves to be in the Peanut Shell Sling that I have (photo 2). Once he starts to get fussy, I plop him in the sling and he is in la-la land. Slept through the entire dinner. No one believed us when we told them that he usually cries most of the afternoon and evening. I guess I'll have to start putting him in the sling at home when he is crabby (although at home we have the sent-from-heaven swing!)

On Friday, Matthew and I took a long walk in the park. It was really hot out, but since I was just cleared to take walks (no, my incision is not closed yet...more on that later), I wanted to take advantage of the beautiful park. After Mike got out for the day, we took Matthew on his first SkyRide. It was a short little ride that left the park and rode over the Spokane Waterfall (photo 5). Matthew was so excited he slept through the entire ride! Photos 3 and 4 are "Matthew, King of the King Size Bed!". We have a few more pictures, but I'll try to get them up on the shutterfly site sometime, since this one seems to be limiting me to 5.

The update on the incision...STILL open, but getting better. Although I've already had 3 weeks of antibiotics, the doctor gave me 2 more weeks on Tuesday. I continue to recieve wound care, and hopefully it will be completely closed soon because it's driving me insane! The OB was shocked that it was still open and felt really bad, even going over his surgery notes again to make sure nothing had happened that he was forgetting about to cause this. It doesn't really bother me or hurt anymore- it's just there.

More babies!! Mike's best man Glen and his wife Lisa had their sweet baby girl yesterday evening and my 2nd/3rd cousin (not really sure what this would be!) Karen had her sweet baby girl this morning. SO many babies this summer! :-) Matthew will have friends his age all over the country!


No comments: