There are a few baby items that I would like to take the opportunity to brag on. We could not live without them. In case there are people out there waiting for their baby to be born, or needing suggestions for gifts for parents-to-be, here's my short list. Yes, I have decided this solely based on being a mom for a mere 34 days.
(disclaimer: Just because I/We love it, doesn't mean you will. I highly recommend based on our experiences, but make sure to do your own research as well).
-infant swing- could not, would not want to, live without. It is a Godsend. We have the Fisher Price Aquarium Wonders swing. It is not quite as "cutesy" as some of the more popular ones (papason comes to mind), however, we did a lot of research to choose this particular one (please remember the engineer I am married to). This swing is awesome because it swings front to back or side to side; and it reclines all the way back for little infants. LOVE it. Matthew loves it. We are one happy family because of it.
-Graco snugride carseat and Metrolite stroller- again, there are "cuter" seats and strollers out there, more attractive looking ones...but come on. We're talking safety and convenience here. The snugride gets good reviews and safety ratings. Every time I take the Metrolite stroller out to use, I have to say out loud how much in love with the stroller I am. It is light enough for someone with an open c-section wound to get in and out of the car, and it moves/glides like a dream. It could not be any easier to plop the carseat into it and get moving. Matthew never has to be woken up and mommy doesn't have to try to lug a carseat around. We test drove MANY strollers at babies-r-us, and if you're looking for one to put an infant seat in, I highly recommend it.
-Kiddopotamus Swaddle Me: although sometimes he does indeed fight the swaddle, ultimately, once it's on, he is off in dream land. He sleeps in this every night and we recently went out to buy another just so we'd have a back up. It is easy to use, light weight, and does the job. Love it.
-burp clothes- you never know if you'll have a spitter. We go through about 5 or 6 a day.
-washcloths- many if you have a boy. You can slap it over his boy parts during a diaper change to catch the spray. (admittedly, mike, myself and my mom have all gotten showered on. We don't always remember the washcloth, or Matthew is kicking so much it doesn't stay put). While we're on the diaper change topic, I also found these great disposable changing sheets/pads on sale at BRU online. I thought maybe they'd be a waste, but gave them a try. LOVE them. I put a few in the diaper bag to use while we're out to put on the yucky changers in the public restrooms. But I also put one on the changing table at home any time I change a really poopy diaper. It has come in handy for the times Matthew decides to poop some more just when the diaper is off (often).
-Books: "Happiest Baby on the Block" and "Baby 411". Both of these were recommended by friends and both have been great. Happiest baby is a bit repetitive, but very good concepts that work. I hear there is a DVD out there that may be easier to just watch once instead of reading the book. Baby 411 is a great resource book for all baby topics- I've used the sleep and breastfeeding section numerous times.
I am sure there are more, but these are the ones I feel very strongly about. For real.
Matthew is awake and needs to be fed. Gotta go. :-)
Follow-up....not 10 minutes after I wrote this, sweet little matthew proved mommy wrong. The washcloth did not save me or the wall from the shower of pee (the cloth had indeed fallen off). Nor did the pee wee's pad save the changing pad or wall from the poo that just SHOT out of his cute little butt. Yup. Momma's got some walls to clean and laundry to do. Oh, but he is so sweet still....
No comments:
Post a Comment