Sometimes it pays to be in a small town. Let me back up...for those of you following the incision drama...I've now been to the surgeon THREE times for cutting. The wound vac is still on, and although it was fine the first few days, after all that cutting and the dressing change yesterday, I have been in excruciating pain since yesterday afternoon. This made for a very tough afternoon and night, as it was hard as heck to care for a needy baby while I am hurting so bad I could barely stand. Plus, he chose last night to sleep poorly, which certainly didn't help matters. Anyway, we made it through and today is a new day.
So about the small town. A few weeks ago our realtor, and now friend, invited me out to lunch with a few ladies. One is a girl perhaps a few years younger than me with a cute little boy about 9 months old. The other was this older woman from my neighborhood (NOT old, just older...she's a grandmom to 11). Anyway, I'm at the hospital on Monday for my wound vac change, and that turned into "you have to go back to the surgeon's office". So, I'm at the hospital with Matthew and realizing I'm going to be there for hours. I run into this woman, like an angel sent down to help me! She volunteered quite adamantly to babysit Matthew. She left to bring her husband home and then came right back to the hospital and sat with me until I had to go for the procedure, and then sat with Matthew for me. What a blessing! My head had been literally spinning at the thought of having Matthew in the room with me...crying in his little stroller for mommy while mommy's up on the table with a scalpel to her. Needless to say, it made my bad day much better.
So, we're hoping that after the dressing change tomorrow or maybe the one on Monday, this incision will be ready to be closed. (he will "close" the two flaps together and put the wound vac on top of it for a few days to help it heal in the closed position). With lots of luck, I'll be done with this mess by the end of next week.
Oh...on a funny note. The therapist tells me on Tuesday "well, your body is just healing too fast." Really? Because I thought I had the c-section TWO months ago. He says "yeah, do you remember the huge hole you had down here 5 weeks ago? This is nothing next to that." Ok. You win. So there you have it. I'm apparently a fast healer. :-) (insert sarcasm here.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so happy you found that lady. Can you imagine laying up there with little Matthew screaming his head off.
The healing comments made me laugh so hard I fell off my chair. Now, in my defense, my chair is put together incorrectly, so it IS a little wobbly!
MISS YOU MUCHOS!!!!!!
Kel
Post a Comment