Saturday, December 27, 2008

Matthew's first Christmas!



Matthew's first Christmas was fun, peaceful, chaotic, exciting, and tiring. I'm sure I could think of a few other words to describe it if I thought about it hard enough. We had a nice Christmas Eve dinner, Matthew, Mike and I. I tried to make it like our old Polish Christmas Eve's from home, but really the only things resembling it were the fish and the pierogi (although frozen, not homemade).

Christmas morning we opened gifts. Matthew actually took pretty much all day to get through his stack. It went something like this: open some presents, play with that toy, eat some wrapping paper, nap, repeat. I think he had fun, although I'm quite sure he had no clue what was going on. He was a little grump for the latter part of the day, maybe because he slept very poorly the night before. I guess he was just too excited about Santa coming. I managed to make my very first turkey, and it was actually quite delicious. Of course, even though I got the smallest one i could find, there were leftovers galore! I have since made a huge pot of turkey soup, a turkey and rice casserole and pureed some up to freeze for Matthew. That sure looked gross! It was much easier making his food with my new food processor (thanks mom and dad!) It's a small, simple one that is perfect for making baby food, among other things.

Yesterday the three of us spent the day shopping the sales. Got a few Christmas things for next year and some things for Matthew. All in all, a good Christmas! Hope everyone had a very happy holiday!

No comments: