Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Epiphany

The other day I was looking at some pictures and I had a lightbulb moment.  My thyroid is looking better people.


Nevermind the crazy hair I got going on (can't seem to keep it a consistent color, can I??)  I'd say this picture shows it best.

Sidenote: I started looking at a bunch of older pics of myself.  My endocrinologist had mentioned based on other medical things, that it was entirely possible I've had Grave's for years without knowing it.  In hindsight, there are lots of pictures in my past with that crazy goiter in it.  Also, about 4 years ago, I did have a doctor notice it and send me for a thyroid ultrasound.  The ultrasound showed no problems, but she didn't run any additional testing antibody testing, so who knows.  It is also possible it was brought on post-partum.  A mystery we'll never know the answer to for sure.

Anyway, thought you all would love a pic of my thyroid. :-)

I am feeling exhausted and my legs feel like I'm walking in mud again.  Got latest lab tests back and my tsh is over 7.5 (my doc want it closer to 1.5), so at least there's an explanation for this crazy and intense tiredness I have all the time.  Looking forward to my appointment next Monday so I can get another nice dose increase of my hormone replacement. 

Closer and closer and closer to a normal state of health again.

2 comments:

Kari Keenan said...

Hooray for progress! Hang in there; you're getting closer to feeling great all the time!

Miranda said...

You look Great Lynn!