Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hot date

Mike was out of town this week for work, so Valentine's Day was without romance, but not without LOVE.  I spent the day with a very special little man. 


He had school in the morning, and I went to help with the Valentine's Day party in his classroom.  (I was in charge of the craft.)  Matthew had fun and ate 3 pieces of pizza and a cupcake (this is a record amount of food for him!).  After we got home, he took a nap, then he opened his little Valentine's gift from me.



We spent a few hours playing outside, where we were joined by some neighbors.  He traded Valentine's with the little girls next door, and they had fun with sidewalk chalk and their little riding cars.

Then we came inside and had a very fancy dinner of grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup (ok, well, Matthew mostly just ate some mac & cheese).


Then my date had a bath and went to bed. 

It was quite the day!


No comments: