Nothing could possibly be simple for me. Not even pregnancy. Bring it on, let's just make this as high maintenance as possible.
I want to begin by saying I do NOT technically have gestational diabetes. That said, I had one abnormal result and 2 borderline results, which got me a ticket to the diabetes educator! And I am now the proud owner of a little blood sugar tester thingy- whatever they're called. My appointment with the educator isn't for 2 weeks, so until then, I just watch what I eat, eat 3 balanced meals plus 3 snacks a day, and poke my finger 4 times a day. I started yesterday, and it's not so bad, except that so far my numbers haven't been what they're supposed to be, so we'll see what the doctor says about that.
And...my blood pressure has been high for 5 days and counting. The specialist is going to re-evaluate on friday and possibly up my medication. And he drew more blood. Speaking of specialist, oh my! He is SO much better than the one I was seeing in CA! (and I use the term "seeing" loosely since I only met him one time for about 5 minutes). He is on top of things, but concerned with the high blood pressure combined with the huge feet. He wants the baby to be monitored twice a week- so the current plan is I see the OB on tuesdays for NST's and see the specialist on Fridays for biophysical profiling (basically indepth ultrasounds with added NST if anything is off on the ultrasounds). I'd say it's a pretty good thing I'm not working right now, with all these appointments!
The good news...the baby's heartbeat sounded great yesterday and he was the busiest little guy ever all day and night yesterday! I kept wondering if he was ever going to rest. My whole belly was moving in waves like he was just flipping around in there. Definitely the strongest movements I've felt yet.
Tonight I am taking a breastfeeding class at the hospital, which I am definitely looking forward to. Tomorrow we have to move hotels, since this one is booked for tomorrow night. We will stay at the new place until next friday. Mike leaves this saturday for CA to meet the packers/movers and will drive his car back next tues/wed. Everything is still on schedule for closing on our new home on May 23, and hopefully we'll be in it the following monday or tuesday (depending on when the movers get there).
Happy hump day everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment