We are in our home in Oregon!!!!!! This is exciting news, as I was quite done with hotels and am so much more comfortable in the house. We finally got internet yesterday, and I'm not sure what I ever did without it, because I felt lost without my emails. Anyway, we got the keys to the house friday and the movers came on Sunday. (in between that time, Mom and Mike painted the baby nursery- twice! The first color was a "bit much", so they toned it down a few notches for crazy pregnant lady. It looks really nice now.) Thankfully, my mom was here until Tuesday and she was the biggest blessing to have. She did a lot of unpacking and organizing since I can't really do much. She tackled the worst project first (THE KITCHEN!!), and it is awesome now. Mike has been in high gear getting everything else done, and we are close to having a home with no boxes. I will put up pictures when I have some.
Today was an appointment at the specialists office. It went ok. I had just gone to the lab this morning, so he didn't have any tests to look at. The biophysical showed baby still doing very well, but the amniotic fluid is down lower. I was basically told, once again, that rest and a gallon of water a day are the way to go right now. And to pay attention for any symptoms (headaches, blurred vision, spots in front of my eyes). I will go back Monday and Friday next week to check the levels again and get a report on my lab work. He did mention to me that at this point we should "be ready" for the possibility of labor at any time, but nothing too much to worry about. I hit the 34 week mark yesterday, and I feel good about getting this far. I know I (and baby) have a few more weeks in me! (although, just in case, I will be getting a hospital bag ready this weekend). He did have to add a diabetes medication (yup- not so much borderline anymore) for me to take twice a day to lower my blood sugars. The dietician this week also added more to my bedtime snack since I've been having ketones in my morning urine. The diet is a little annoying, since I feel like I'm always eating! 3 small meals and 3 snacks a day is a lot of eating...Apparently a lot of eating, just not quite enough calories. A few more were needed to get baby and me through the night, and 2 days into it, it seems to be doing the trick.
The OB assured me after the non-stress test this week that baby looks excellent (and I quote "you don't get an NST result like this and have there be problems with the baby"). According to him it's just my body that is having a hard time with things (yeah, great. This kid's not even out yet and he's already testing my limits! :-))
Well, off to do more resting. I'm completely useless at this point- not a bad thing since Mike is an excellent organizer.
Have a good weekend and think happy thoughts for the Keenan family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment