Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Living the life of leisure


Top photo- Boss enjoying our hotel in San Francisco. The hotel was nautical themed, hence the stars on the carpet.
Bottom photo- :-) Boss and I enjoying the laziness this weekend at the hotel.

Well, so far so good. I'm not going to lie- it gets a little bit boring here at the hotel, but I'm trying to keep myself busy. Boss and I found an awesome park nearby that is along the Columbia River and we enjoy taking a walk out there. Boss also enjoys going in the water. There is a 24 mile paved walking trail along the river- yeah, we did about 1/2 mile or so. :-)

I met my new OB yesterday. He was a little on the goofy side, but I think just fine and better than my other doctor. He is not overly concerned about my BP, which was relieving. He does want me to see a fetal maternal medicine specialist out here as well, but that was pretty much to be expected. He's not sure that they'll even choose to follow me as closely as the last one, but wants the specialist to make that decision. My OB will see me once a week for now to keep a close watch on things. Bad news is that I failed my 1 hour glucose test last week, so I will do the 3 hour tolerance test this friday. Hopefully that one turns out just fine. My feet were swollen up like crazy again yesterday when I woke up, so I'm told to just watch my sodium intake (admittedly, not something that's easy when you're living in a hotel and eating out all the time- but I am making a much better effort to avoid it best I can). They (the feet) seem better today. Still a bit swollen, but not as bad. Wonder why this happens over night?

I am making today a lazy day- probably going to take Boss to the park for a while, then I'll come back and do laundry, but don't really plan to go anywhere else. Wonder how long it'll take for us to officially go stir crazy???

No comments: