Monday, May 12, 2008

Hello

I'm still here. There just hasn't been a lot to report when most of my time is spent sitting around a hotel room! I started seeing a chiropractor who specializes in pre and post natal women. I went friday for an evaluation and am going to see her twice a week for now. Turns out sciatica really isn't the problem, it's more to do with how my pelvic bones are misaligning as my uterus grows. So she does some adjusting in my pelvis and lower back. So far my back feels pretty good after she does her thing, but I still have a LOT of pain in my left pelvis/butt/leg. Hard to describe the exact spot. I've started sleeping in a more sitting up position because it feels better. You do what you gotta do :-)

After my appointment today, I went shopping for a bit. Got some major comfy shoes with better support and wider for my huge feet. I think they are actually going to help with some of the pain actually, because just wearing them around the hotel room this afternoon feel good. Tomorrow I meet the new fetal and maternal medicine specialist that I'll be seeing up here, and go back to the OB. Hopefully I find out that the 3 hour glucose test was fine.

We are still set to close on the house May 23. I am SO excited to finally get to set up the baby nursery and do some more baby shopping!! I feel a little lost without being able to "nest" at all, but I'll be busy getting ready once we're in the house. I also found out today that my mom will be visiting for over a month, starting at the end of June!! I am so happy, glad, excited, everything that she will be there with us! Sometimes it's harder than other times to be so far away from family, so I'm happy to know she'll be here for the birth and get to spend time with him for a little while. I'm sure I will welcome the company and help too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lynnie!
I got your message, and I'm so glad you called. We just got back from Disney, so I'll call you today or tomorrow! Sorry you are bored.
I can't wait to talk to you!
Kel