Friday, May 2, 2008

Home Sweet...Hotel.

So, the rest of our drive was easy and uneventful. We actually only had about 5 hours or so to do yesterday, and made it to our hotel in WA in the late afternoon. The hotel room seems like it'll be pretty good for a while (a month?!?), as it does have a fridge and microwave, as well as seating area with couch and chair. Makes it a little more spacious.

As I discovered today, it's in a pretty good area for having a dog with us. There are fields and walking trails all around. Boss and I went for about an hour walk today. Really it wasn't too far, but the way I walk (or should I say waddle?), we went nice and slow, it took longer than normal. I was pretty wiped out when we got back to the room, but looking at the dog, I think she's even more worn out!

All in all, I can definitely see the potential for this to get boring, but luckily I will have my car on most days. Mike had to take mine to work today since he doesn't pick up his rental until tomorrow. This leaves me stuck with nowhere to go. Although even when the car is here, I have to take Boss everywhere I go because we don't want her barking or misbehaving here alone, so it kind of limits where I can go anyway. I pretty much think I'll figure out a routine though. Not a bad day to be without transportation, as I am catching up on some resting and trying to drink enough water to make my feet look normal again (they're getting there.)!

And on that note- I'm off to relax and read my book!

No comments: