Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend




(A few photos from our weekend)

So, we have been having a pretty good weekend. Yesterday we took a trip up to the tri-cities for a few hours, before rushing home to get ready for a wedding. The wedding took place in the small town where Mike works (population 800 or so). It was in a park by the water, and Mike and I were overdressed. Many people had on shorts or jeans- even a few kids in swimsuits! It was nice meeting people from his work, and having them meet Matthew. Thanks to my Peanut Shell sling, Matthew was quiet for the ceremony. He had been screaming his little head off thanks to a windy day (another thing he hates), but I slid him snug inside and off to sleep he went. I made the mistake of taking him out afterwards so that people could see him (hey- we don't know anyone here. It was pretty much our first opportunity to "show off" our kid!). Anyway, he was NOT having that. He cried pretty much the rest of our time there. Sweet relief when he slept the whole hour home though.

I'm not stupid enough to think this could possibly happen again- but I suppose thanks to the busy day yesterday, Matthew slept from about 10PM-3:30AM; ate; slept 4AM-7AM; ate slept 8AM-9:45 AM. Although I did not go back to bed at 8, that 5 1/2 hour chunk was better than I could have imagined. And, he slept like an angel all that time in his pack and play basinet!! :-) (his previous 5 hour stint he was in his swing...we are going out of town this week and NOT bringing the swing, so it's good to know it is possible for him to sleep that long in more than one place). Seriously, I am fully aware that it's likely not going to be an every night thing yet, but it's good to know there's always the possibility!

As for me, happy the Olympics are on. I love watching them. Happy Joshua won So You Think You Can Dance (not happy that show is over now. Hmm...do I watch too much TV??) Happy with my new little family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures...and your hair looks great, by the way!
Matthew...good job on the sleeping! Do it again soon, OK?
Kel