Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Shout out to my Child Life peeps!
Christmastime at a Children's Hospital. I'm pretty sure most of you out there couldn't even begin to wrap your brain around what this means. At the core of it, are families with their sick children, stuck at the last place on earth they ever imagined they would be. As a new parent, with a completely different perspective than I ever before had, I can not even fathom this. To us child life specialists out there, it is pure, total, complete insanity. So, to all my friends out there in Santa's Workshop right now, I'm thinking of you- with you in spirit, if you will. Keep at it. I know, because I've been there, how crazy tired you are right now. But the week's almost over. And those kids will be so stinking happy on Christmas morning when Santa "finds" them at the hospital and brings their gifts to them. Merry Christmas to all my little elves!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout! We miss you....but I'm glad you weren't working on Christmas Day :)
Post a Comment