Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The great outdoors

Moving is hard (in case you're wondering). Having to get re-established in a new place, make new friends, learn your way around, etc. Each move for me has its own set of struggles, as well as joys. This one in particular has been more difficult because I am not working out of the home, thus making the "making friends" part, tough. I have been meeting people at the playgroup we go to, and hopefully will continue meeting more. The joy of moving is getting to discover all there is to offer, wherever you may be. I have discovered that this small town living takes some getting used to, but at least I can enjoy the beautiful scenery the state of Oregon has to offer. If you've read the blog, I'm sure you know of the beautiful waterfall that I've been to one too many times. My latest discovery is Hat Rock State Park. An even better find, if you ask me, since it's only minutes from the house instead of hours. Babci, Matthew and I went out there twice this week to check it out and get some fresh air and exercise. We were apparently excited about it being in the 40's! Yes, it's starting to warm up. Here's some pictures from our adventures this week:

Here I am with Matthew in front of Hat Rock

View of Columbia River

Day 2- we walked part of the Lewis and Clark Expedition trail today.

Matthew seemed to enjoy day 2 in the moby wrap better than day 1 in the bjorn. I think he likes the snuggled in feeling. He fell asleep 10 minutes into our hour long walk.


But after the walk, he was looking wide-eyed and refreshed from his nap.


3 comments:

Miranda said...

Awe! Yay for fresh air! I am hoping we can get out on friday! It's spose to be 41 degrees!! ~~Heat Wave~~ LOL.

Anonymous said...

Again, I'm a little jealous. You know I love me some Texas. I do believe it is the best state ever. I also want you to come back here...however, I will contest that you are not going to be seeing any of THAT in Texas. Beautiful photos (and the baby's not bad, either)!

Kel

Lynnipoo said...

Beautiful...but don't you worry my dear. I'm hoping to get back to Texas again one day too! That's my grand master plan anyway. :-)