First of all, thank you, thank you to all my friends who kept my brother and his family in your thoughts and prayers!! I appreciate, and I know they do too, having the extra support and prayers at a difficult time like this.
I just got an email from my sister-in-law- Steve's surgery went "textbook" and the nurses are amazed at how well he is already doing (vitals and what not). The breathing tube has been removed, and he is still in ICU, but shouldn't be there for too much longer. He was a bit uncomfortable (ummm...your chest was just cracked open...discomfort is a mild word!), but they have found a good combination of pain meds to help him.
A few things that hit home with this one: (1) do not ignore a strong family medical history!! This runs in the men in the family. Steve recently lost a bunch of weight and is eating healthy amounts of fruits and veggies when this happened. (2) Things can change in a split second. It made me realize it's been way too long since I've seen my brother and his family (since my wedding in May 2007!), and I for one, plan on starting to save my pennies to be able to visit them as soon as possible. It's times like these that make it more difficult to be so far away from all my loved ones.
Hug your loved ones tonight, and always- and thanks for the support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment